Thursday, September 13, 2007

Deuce not Douche...

We can all stop singing the wrong lyrics to Manfred Mann's Earth Band's "Blinded by the Light" now. Apparently after years and years of people singing "Blinded by the light revved up like a douche..." MSNBCs Test Patter finally put this to rest.

Apparently the correct lyrics are "revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night." Meaning deuce coupe (See Beach Boys "Little Deuce Coupe").
I don't know about you but I have been saying "revved up like a douche" since the first time I heard that song. I don't think that there was anyone out there who didn't think it was douche.

That's a joke, I don't know about you but next time I hear that song I'm still saying "douche".

Actual Words to Blinded by the Light [testpattern.com]

No comments: